FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error: Out of Disk Space (while exporting)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Domis
Error: Out of Disk Space (while exporting)
on May 13, 2011 at 7:35:51 pm

I have an issue that is both alarming and annoying. I am trying to export a self contained quicktime mov file and before it even starts, it says "Error: Out of Disk Space." I have almost a terabyte of free space with 8 GB's of RAM. I have googled and searched on creative cow for a solution and Ive seen that trashing your preferences is a good way to fix it. Can someone please tell me how to properly trash my preferences and renew them so I dont lose the ability to have preferences? Also.. everytime I try to fix the " Export: minimum allowable size" and change the amount.. it goes right back to the original number every time i reopen the window. All help is appreciated. I tried to use previous answers to fix this but i need specifics on how to trash and renew the preferences.

I am using a MacPro with Final Cut 6.0.6
File sequence is DVCPROHD 720/24p
foootage is dvcprohd 720/24pN shot with hvx200
exporting using H.264

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Error: Out of Disk Space (while exporting)
on May 13, 2011 at 7:58:35 pm

1) Check all of your drives for space, not just the one you're aiming at.

2) Trash preferences

3) Fix permissions on the system drive in Disk Utility.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
on May 13, 2011 at 8:29:20 pm

Especially since it sounds like you're not entirely familiar with locating, trashing and restoring preferences, I would recommend using a preference manager to help you do it ...

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcs_maintenance.htm

Return to posts index

Ryan Domis
on May 26, 2011 at 10:26:11 pm

Thank you! it worked

how i fixed it:

1. Downloaded the Rebellion FCP maintenance pack ($139)

2. Trashed Preferences.

3. It still didn't work automatically. What was different however was the fact that I was able to finally change my settings/preferences , save them and use them as such instead of it resetting to the previous preference. This was all due to the easy preference management that took care of it at one click of a button.

Thanks creative cow!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]