FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor bug? LT instead of HQ?!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kapleton
Compressor bug? LT instead of HQ?!
on May 13, 2011 at 7:14:13 pm

Hello,

I am sending a batch of 32 Canon5D clips through compressor using a cluster on my new 12-core and I select ProRes HQ progressive in formats and everything seems correct in Compressor - as I have done this many times before with no problems. However, when I go to look at the destination folder its adding LT at the end of the naming convention of the clips? I have to fix an fcp project that is going to color because the editor used the h.264 files instead of ProRes (no real editing involved) so I was just going to reconnect in fcp and tell it to ignore the names - now i am thinking maybe i should change the rendered compressor transcodes to match the shots in fcp (ie. mov_5065) but even more importantly, I am really worried about the 'LT' thing happening.

Also, i did not check to see if the editor transcoded in FCP wth the canon plug-in so not even sure if there is timecode but I guess the other thing i could do is use FCP and the canon plugin to convert instead of compressor if it really is being weird.

I will wait for the first of the 32 shots to finish transcoding and then get info on it to see if it is indeed LT instead of HQ but has nayone else seen this before or have any idea what is going on?

thanks
sean

Return to posts index

Sean Kapleton
UPDATE: Re: Compressor bug? LT instead of HQ?!
on May 13, 2011 at 7:22:07 pm

Looking at the first completed set of renders it seems that when i get info in QT pro it says its HQ - still begs the question of why the naming convention on the files now has 'LT' on there??

Return to posts index

Paul Dickin
Re: UPDATE: Re: Compressor bug? LT instead of HQ?!
on May 13, 2011 at 10:07:21 pm

Hi
LT? Log & Transfer - isn't that what you are doing, sort of, but different....

Return to posts index

Sean Kapleton
Re: UPDATE: Re: Compressor bug? LT instead of HQ?!
on May 13, 2011 at 10:24:51 pm

hmmm sorta of but yeah no i was not using L&T i used compressor and so it looks like its all rendered out to HQ ProRes but i am still wondering why LT was at the end of the naming convention from my cluster's render destination.
anyways
thanks for the reply
cheers
s

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Compressor bug? LT instead of HQ?!
on May 14, 2011 at 3:56:02 pm

Look in the destinations pane in Compressor. Did someone create a naming template from another job with LT in it?

Return to posts index

Sean Kapleton
Re: Compressor bug? LT instead of HQ?!
on May 14, 2011 at 4:11:17 pm

nope but thanks for trying to help...compressor still adding LT to the naming convention of my ProRes HQ batches...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]