FORUMS: list search recent posts

Applying Transitions or Keyframing ACROSS multiple clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Horitz
Applying Transitions or Keyframing ACROSS multiple clips
on May 13, 2011 at 9:19:12 am

Hello peoples of CreativeCOW.

This is my first post here, although I have stumbled across these pages when looking for help in the past whilst not a member, so I would like to firstly thank the community for their great support.

I am baffled by a certain issue I'm having in FCP 6, and can't seem to find any stories of a similar nature elsewhere on the web.

I have a block of very short video clips, 2 frames each, which lasts about 10 seconds. This plays alongside a block of audio clips of 6 frames each.

I want to gradually fade the video and audio in. But key-framing seems to only be possible on individual clips or to mirror on multiple clips. Is it not possible to view an opacity level for the entire video track?

Currently I am having to export the sequence and then re-import it as a single clip but this is time consuming and I feel like there really should be a way of doing such a simple task in FCP?? I have had the same problem with still image sequences is in the past so would love a quicker solution for next time.

I can't fade-from-slug over the top of the video clips as I have several other FX clips layered over the top (it's a SCI-FI short for Schools). I have tried working around by making the other effects FADE OUT on the track above, but as they are slightly transparent there is a visible jump when the block of very short clips begins.

Also, I know you can manually drag the track volume control up in the audio mixer whilst playing back but this is a fiddly and rough method. Surely I can key-frame this stuff?!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, or even just someone telling me there is no other way than exporting the sequence would put the matter to sleep, and I could stop feeling like I'm missing something glaringly obvious.

Thanks!
Daniel
IpsoFactory Design

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
Re: Applying Transitions or Keyframing ACROSS multiple clips
on May 13, 2011 at 5:25:23 pm

Highlight the block of clips that you are trying to change the opacity across.

Go to Sequence > Nest Items. This puts them in a new sequences, which you'll see in your browser, and puts that sequence into your main sequence. It should look like one big clip.

Right click on it > Open In Viewer. Now you will be able to add keyframes.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Horitz
Re: Applying Transitions or Keyframing ACROSS multiple clips
on May 14, 2011 at 9:44:26 am

Thanks Rob. Perfect

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]