FORUMS: list search recent posts

SRT import and line breaks problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pawel Lygan
SRT import and line breaks problem
on May 12, 2011 at 3:03:02 pm

Hi Guys

I have huge project with subtitles in srt files.
I'm using Michael's online generator of XML file.
I have DH_Subt. plugin but this online one generate only as simple text generator. But... problem is with line breaks. When i import srt WITH line breaks to the script and i import new xml file into fcp subtitles like:

- Hi.
- Hi.

looks: -Hi.-Hi.

i have lot of work with changing it on timeline. Maybe someone have any idea how to fix it ? I wrote to michael but no response :(

Paul

ps.: sorry for my poor english ;)

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
Re: SRT import and line breaks problem
on May 13, 2011 at 9:49:06 am

I don't know Michael's online generator. But you can check the XML generated by it. If it contains '-Hi-Hi' then there is something wrong within the XML.
If you are using 7.0.2 this might be an issue as well. That version did some weird handling for linebreaks.
You may download my TitleExchange, it's shareware and the demo/free version is limited to 50 titles. But there is a helper app called 'gText' after you installed - this app is free. gText allows you to see all subtitle text of an XML in FCP format in a kind of spread sheet.
You can step thru the subtitles easily and change them. The changes can be saved back to the XML without destroying the settings of the original generator.
Maybe you test the TitleExchange app with SRT as it can convert SRT files to FCP XMLs with your DH_Subtitle generator, but as said TEP is not free.

Andreas

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

Return to posts index

Pawel Lygan
on May 13, 2011 at 8:39:00 pm

i resolve my problem with... simply text edit :)
i export timeline with one subtitile (DH_) and open downloaded xml with my long timeline.
And then find and replace everything betwen and (before subtitle) and after to the end of subtitle section. It works ;) 5 minutes of copy paste and 90 minutes timeline ready to edit to tape ;)

and michael's script you can find here: http://www.michaelcinquin.com/tools/subtitles/srt_to_fcp

Return to posts index

Vaccomo Pigna
on Jan 4, 2013 at 3:21:09 pm

Hi Pawel. I have just seen your post and i have the exactly same problem, but didn't understand how you solved it. Could you explain it to me once more so I can make this work for me. Thank You and excuse my english too. Greetings from Argentina.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]