FORUMS: list search recent posts

T2i and EX3 - Edit in Prores or XDXAM

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Sadofsky
T2i and EX3 - Edit in Prores or XDXAM
on May 10, 2011 at 11:38:30 pm

Hello CC,

I am planning to shoot a wedding with both a Canon T2i and Sony PMW-EX3. I would like to mash the footage from both with as little of a headache as possible.

Off the bat, I thought that I would be able to Log and Transfer EX3 footage using PDZ-LT1 (sony's log and transfer plugin for fcp) into one of the prores's. It seems as though this is not possible. FCP only rewraps as a qt XDCAM EX 1080 (as far as I understand).

I will also be shooting with the t2i, which I can either bring in as prores in FCP or transcode in mpeg streamclip. I can also transcode the t2i footage to xdcam, but from just the first look, the quality doesn't seem to be there. Not to mention the file size being smaller then that of the original .h264 footage.

Mpeg streamclip does not seem read the .mp4 files that the EX creates in the BPAV folder either.

Is it best to Log and Transfer XDcam footage then use media manager to output as prores (seems to lose a little quality this way) or bring in the t2i footage as xdcam? Are there any other solutions?

On a side note:
Considering the amount of footage that I will get, it would be advantageous to be able to bring everything in as 422(proxy) and then hi-res upon output.

Thanks in advance,
-Dave

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: T2i and EX3 - Edit in Prores or XDXAM
on May 11, 2011 at 12:30:46 am

Bring in the XDCAM as XDCAM. Bring in the T2i as ProRes. Edit in a ProRes timeline.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on May 11, 2011 at 1:41:48 am

How much footage are you getting that you think it will be quicker and easier to offline/online instead of just buying more HDDs?

-Andrew

3.2GHz 8-core, FCP 6.0.4, 10.5.5
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (6.8.1)

Return to posts index

David Sadofsky
on May 12, 2011 at 3:32:00 pm

Thanks, I will give the XDCAM in Prores a shot. As far as the offline/online, I am more concerned about processor speed then HDD space.

-Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]