FORUMS: list search recent posts

Autosave Location

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Ward
Autosave Location
on May 10, 2011 at 9:15:45 pm

I like the way that After Effects puts the autosave folder directly into the folder that your project is in. I'm trying create a solid file structure, but FCP has its own structure. Is there a way to get FCP to just automatically do the same thing that After Effects does?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Autosave Location
on May 10, 2011 at 9:26:03 pm

No, because FCP is not After Effects. OF COURSE FCP has it's own structure...and it is different that After Effects. Different companies...different types of applications. COLOR doesn't to autosaves the way FCP does. different app.

I put my autosaves on the external drive...so if I lose my system drive, where the main project file is located, I will have a backup saved. But ALL the projects autosaves go there.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on May 10, 2011 at 10:33:46 pm

A simple job at the end of the days edit is to copy the autosaves to wherever you want them. Same as backing up the project files to another location and a good safety practice.

Return to posts index

Gary Askham
on May 10, 2011 at 10:37:54 pm

I agree with Shane. It's a good idea to set your autosave vault to a physically separate drive to the project you are working from.

I tend to work from a project which is on the desktop, my autosave vault will be on my media drive and at the end of every day I backup my project to an offsite server and I add the days date to the project's name.

------------------------
FCP and Avid Technical Support
Air Post Production
Shoreditch - London

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]