FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting trimmed audio for merged clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tory Stewart
exporting trimmed audio for merged clips
on May 10, 2011 at 7:27:51 pm

Hi all,

I have been working on a project with dual recorded audio and have a lingering question about merging clips. My audio clips are huge so when I merge clips I end up with extremely long clips comprised primarily of audio with no video. This is affecting the size of my project files as well as preventing me from dragging multiple clips from the Browser into the Timeline because even just a few clips will often exceed the timeline's media limit.

My plan was to export new audio clips trimmed to the length of the corresponding video clips after syncing with Plural Eyes, import those into my project and merge them to the video. Is there any reason not to do this? I know I won't be able to relink to the original long audio files but it doesn't seem like I'd ever need to do that provided I keep all the settings the same for the new wave files. This seems like a better solution than exporting new video clips with trimmed audio since then I would not be able to reconnect to the original video files (shot on Canon T2i) if need be.

All advice appreciated, many thanks,

Tory

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]