FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting HD issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason hennesy
exporting HD issue
on May 10, 2011 at 3:36:56 am

I'm trying to export (using Quicktime conversion, h.264) a project as 1920x1080. My sequence settings seem to be correct for this: HD(1280x1080)compressor is 1080i60. the source footage is 1920x1080 shot on Canon t2i. However, when I go to export either as a Quicktime Movie or mp4 it wants to default to 960x540 as the "current" settings. When I export as such, the footage looks ok - the aspect ratio is correct and there's not too much grain, but I need HD for my client. When I manually change the setting to 1920x1080 the resulting export has bad pixelization/ digital artifacting whatnots - as if it has tried in vain to uprez. What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting I'm forgetting about somewhere?

getting tired and desperate. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: exporting HD issue
on May 10, 2011 at 12:38:16 pm

You said you shot 1920X1080 why is your squence not the same?

Did you drop a clip into a new sequence @ the start and let FCP set the settings?

Why not export "Current Settings" making a reference file?
Drop that file into Your compression software?

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
on May 10, 2011 at 4:56:23 pm

Hi Jason you say: "My sequence settings seem to be correct for this: HD(1280x1080)compressor is 1080i60. the source footage is 1920x1080 shot on Canon t2i."
This, however, is not the correct setting for footage coming from the T2i...
Your time-line should be set exactly the same as your footage. Assuming you did the ingest properly (to ProRes through Log and Transfer) and that it was shot 1920x1080 30fps, your time-line should be ProRes 1920x1080 30P NOT 1280x1080 60i... The T2i is a progressive camera not interlaced.

Did you bring the footage in as ProRes through Log and Transfer?

The best way to set your timeline properly is to create a new sequence, drop a SINGLE shot of the footage that you want to edit and when prompted, tell it "yes" to match sequence to footage.

hope this helps.

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
on May 10, 2011 at 5:01:56 pm

Also, Shane Ross has a great tutorial on the tapeless digital workflow that may help you. A must read.
Tapeless Workflow with Final Cut Pro 7

Good Luck!!

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]