FORUMS: list search recent posts

easy and cheapest way to work with finalcut in a network

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
juan prado
easy and cheapest way to work with finalcut in a network
on May 9, 2011 at 3:38:29 pm

Hello:

I´ve got all my final cut pro project in a macpro. My boss wants just view and rule out the parts that doesn´t like it from another computer. Could you recommend me the easy and cheapest way to do it.The project is in a final cut 7.0.3. My boss is in final cut 6.Another option than ichat theater.
Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: easy and cheapest way to work with finalcut in a network
on May 9, 2011 at 3:40:54 pm

He'll not be able to open your FCP 7 project files, so iChat Theatre might be just the ticket... or you can send him a QT movie he COULD open in FCP 6, make notes with markers or whatever and you'd be able to open that file on your FCP 7 machine.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

juan prado
on May 9, 2011 at 4:01:42 pm

Thanks a lot:
Do you think that remote desktop or work with xml is a good option?
Thanks again

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 9, 2011 at 5:14:02 pm

Trying to edit via remote desktop...even watch video that way...is pretty sketchy. Won't be smooth by any stretch of the imagination.

If you boss wants to work flawlessly on a network, they need to have matching versions of the software, and at least an ethernet router to connect the two machines together.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]