FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seem to be missing ProRes LT

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Monica Nolan
Seem to be missing ProRes LT
on May 8, 2011 at 12:35:21 am

I imported an xml file of an fcp 7.0 project and when I try to open the sequence, I get an error message: "codec not found you may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card" When I hit the Okay button on this message I get another message that says "error; out of memory."

The sequence codec is ProRes 422 LT. I am running fcp 6.0.6., which only gives me HQ and plain ProRes sequence presets. Is there a way to download the codec and preset? On the other hand, shouldn't I be able to watch it given the prores decoder?

I should mention that there are other problems with the xml import. A post house transcoded and synced the footage from a shoot using Plural Eyes. The purpose was to save me (the editor and animator) time and give me access to the synced footage. Meanwhile, I transcoded the footage I needed and worked with that. All I need to do is replace the scratch audio with the better audio from the synced xml project.

Unfortunately, the import is only partial--it gave me a bin containing nine clips when I know there should be ten times as many, plus the .wav files I'm missing. I'm guessing these clips were probably transcoded to prores 422 LT, whereas I used ProRes 422 HQ. When I tried to do a test relink of one of the clips to the media I'd created, I got a attributes mismatch message, although the clips seem identical. I'm wondering if that will cause me problems down the way.

Oh wait...look what I figured I could do as I was writing--change the sequence settings. Duh! However I'm still going to post because I'm still curious about why I don't have LT. Is it fcp 7 only?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Seem to be missing ProRes LT
on May 8, 2011 at 1:25:37 am

LT is not available with FCP6, only with FCP7. 6 came with ProRes and ProRes HQ. 7 added Proxy, LT, and 4444.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

MIke Jacobson
Re: Seem to be missing ProRes LT
on Mar 15, 2012 at 6:41:25 pm

I'm getting the same message and HAVE FCP 7. Started a brand new project all other PRLT files are fine but I just did a screen record sent it to compressor to change to PRO RES LT like the rest of the seq but it's giving me the same error. What now?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]