FORUMS: list search recent posts

render files disappear when i close sequence.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
margarita kouvatsou
render files disappear when i close sequence.
on May 7, 2011 at 7:36:43 pm

dear FCP wizard :)

I have recently been encountering the following problem in my fcp sequences:

My render files seem to disappear every time i close a sequence, irrespective of the fact that i keep saving everything and a green line appears for preview rendering every time i reopen a sequence.

I am wondering what that might be.

I have 2 x 3.2 ghz quad core intel with 6 G of working memory, working on a 6.0.6 version of FCP with a prores footage and have applied the smooth cam filter to the clips.

any idea what might be causing the problem?

please enlighten me....?

thanxs is advance!

Return to posts index

Everest Mokaeff
Re: render files disappear when i close sequence.
on May 7, 2011 at 7:56:09 pm

If fcp loses render files it says straight up about it as you open project. Do you have such pop-up notice? Check system prefs to see where your render files are to be saved. Check if the files are there. Sorry for stupid question, do you render files? Clips with green line overhead are not to be rendered by default when you hit command R. They will be only if you specify it.

Free-lance fcp editor in Moscow
http://www.mokaeff.com

Return to posts index

margarita kouvatsou
on May 7, 2011 at 8:13:44 pm

hi,
many thanks for your answer.

Yes i do render the clips, so the green line turns to blue...
and no i do not receive any notifications as to their disappearance...
but every time i render, save and then for whatever reason i close the sequence and the reopen it these green lines reappear....

it seems to happen only to the clips I have applied smooth cam on....
its turning out to be quite a mystery i must confess.....

thanxs is advance!

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 7, 2011 at 8:54:32 pm

This has been an very annoying bug in few FC version, but I thing wasn't happening in FC 6.0.6 (last release for FCS2).
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Toby Rymkus
on Jul 7, 2011 at 8:27:58 pm

did you ever solve this problem of render files disappearing? i have the exact same problem and i am running FCP 7.0.3

Return to posts index

david fielding
on Jul 8, 2011 at 1:49:29 pm

My problem was one of process (and ignorance). I hadn't used FCP in a while and realized I had to Log & Transfer my Canon 5D H.264 files. Prior to the recent Canon firmware update, the entire file/folder structure had to remain intact. With the update, you can just Log & Transfer the .mov files from any folder. This Log & Transfer process has always been a complaint with FCP users, having to ingest clips as ProRes format.

That's my novice description of the issue anyway.

Return to posts index

Mark Levinson
on Mar 21, 2012 at 4:01:20 pm

Did this ever get resolved? I'm also seeming to lose render info when I leave and return to a sequence. I'm using FC7 on a MacPro, I'm working with a DVCPro HD sequence, in unlimited mode. I render some different format footage with Pro Res that is "orange". I save. And when I go to another sequence or project and return to the rendered sequence, the "orange" is back. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

david fielding
on May 25, 2011 at 8:34:52 pm

In FCP 7.03, I am trying to manually render each section of a sequence in the timeline to get around Out of Memory errors. I am having to break up video clips into more manageable chunks. So, I will do a number of sections and the render bar changes to purple. When I close the sequence or quit FCP, I open it again and the render bar goes back to red in some of the sections I have done. Save>All is just not saving all.

I've been trying to export this movie for two weeks with no luck. It will get to 75% (probably only up to the area I have rendered manually in the timeline).

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on May 25, 2011 at 8:53:31 pm

You're going to have divulge a lot more information if you want educated assistance David. What is the video codec of the material you're editing, and what precisely are the sequence settings of the sequence you're editing in. It certainly sounds as if your sequence settings do not match your video, but until you tell us we're just guessing.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums.

Return to posts index

david fielding
on May 26, 2011 at 5:57:26 pm

David, thanks for the being so quick on response. The codec is H264 from a Canon 5D mkII 1920x1080 24fps. My FC sequence is 1280x720 24fps ProRes 422HQ. Perhaps part of my issue is one of process. I imported the raw video files into my project directly. Should I have used a log & transfer?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]