FORUMS: list search recent posts

moving a group of keyframes in the timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
elise london
moving a group of keyframes in the timeline
on May 6, 2011 at 10:57:23 pm

Hi -- I am working on a long clip in the timeline that has clusters of keyframe adjustments.
I know that I can easily slip ALL the keyframes on a given clip at once if I need to.
But actually I now need to slip a group of keyframes over a bit, but I do NOT want to disrupt all the rest of my keyframes in that clip.

Is it possible to move around groups of keyframes somehow? I cannot slice my clip at all because it is a running countdown generator.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: moving a group of keyframes in the timeline
on May 6, 2011 at 11:30:31 pm

I'm afraid not.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Lisa Alexander
Re: moving a group of keyframes in the timeline
on Jun 24, 2011 at 1:53:37 am

Hi -

I am an extreme newbie to FCP. I have read many threads about keyframes, but don't seem to find one basic enough for my lack of expertise.

I am accustomed to being able to view key frames on the timeline in After Effects. How does one do this in FCP?

Also, in After Effects, one can click on a keyframe, or a group of keyframes, and move them........can this be done in FCP? For example, say I am moving a title in over 15 frames and then decide I want it to move in over 20 frames. How does one move the keyframe?

Many thanks -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]