FORUMS: list search recent posts

Forced Quit FCP 7: Now audio tracks are glitchy

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua MacFall
Forced Quit FCP 7: Now audio tracks are glitchy
on May 4, 2011 at 5:46:05 pm

I've been editing a conference with twelve 50 minute sessions. I'm on my last session when something terrible happened! An employee accidentally force quits FCP 7 without saving or anything. No worries, I always save periodically so I didn't lose that much work. However, now the audio track is acting glitchy.

For example, the audio clip of the session is the same duration as it was before the force quite, but it sounds as if it were slowed down(Low pitched slow-mo "NNNOOOOOOO!!!!"). I figured out that if I speed the audio clip up to 110% then it sounds normal...but the clip's duration is now too short. When I scrub through to listen to the end of the clip, there is no sound at all.

I determined that the audio clip itself isn't corrupt because it sounds fine in the preview/viewer window. It's only when I drag it to the timeline that it gets messed up. So I thought....ok, it's the project and/or the projects settings that glitched. I started a new project and it is doing the same thing to the audio. All the while the video seems to be just fine. Just for good measure, I tried to export a piece of the video to see if it was just a glitchy playback within FCP...no dice. It sounded just as bad after export. (I was hoping for a miracle).

Any idea of what may be causing this? Maybe it's something simple that I haven't thought of or maybe it's just an unfortunate phenomena caused by force quitting fcp?

---------------
PROJECT INFO:
45 Minute session
1 Audio clip : Converted from Mp3 to AIFF (44.1 KHz 16-bit)
Video clips : 23.98 fps 1920X1080 (Apple Pro Res 422)
----------------
COMPUTER SPECS
iMAC
Mac OS X Version 10.6.7
Processor: 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

God Bless,

Joshua MacFall

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]