FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accidently Deleted Quicktime Movies DVCpro50

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Smith
Accidently Deleted Quicktime Movies DVCpro50
on May 4, 2011 at 4:38:48 am

Hi Team Cow. this is slightly off topic, but I am an FCP editor, so I am hoping someone with osx/HFS knowledge might be able to help or have gone through a similar situation.

A bunch off large DVCpro50 Quicktime movies were deleted off of an external Lacie formatted HFS+ These movie files are about 1-2hours each so they should be around 25-50 GB each. I was archiving a copy of a Broadcast, and did not get a chance to back it all up before an editor "tidy'd up" the folder...and in the meantime deleted my B'Cast and emptied the trash. I have not modified the drive since, apart from trying to do a recovery on it by scanning it completely using Data Rescue 3.

There is a setting there to set a maximum file size to look for and I have set it to about 400GB. I have also tried to set it to zero as it says in the manual that this will void it looking for a max file size. But it does not seem to be coming up with all my missing files. Only a few of them. It does however seem to be finding lots of older files written to disc a few months before this currently deleted data, so I am a bit confused and was hoping someone had encountered this before and had a workflow or some tried and true software that could get me out of this sticky situation.

Thanks in Advance

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Accidently Deleted Quicktime Movies DVCpro50
on May 4, 2011 at 5:54:00 am

Unfortunately, the odds of recovering large video files is essentially nil. Hopefully you can recapture the material.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Chris Smith
on May 4, 2011 at 6:11:04 am

Hi David,
Thanks for the quick response. Good to know so I don't spend too much time working on the impossible!
Cheers
Chris

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on May 4, 2011 at 8:14:42 am

I did have succes with ProSoft DataRescue one time. But these we're 10 GB files.
But if you have the tapes, why bother the time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]