FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import NTSC 60i

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Orcsik
Import NTSC 60i
on May 4, 2011 at 4:00:57 am

I have some footage shot in 480 60i dv. Shot on a Sony HVR Z1e I need to convert this from NTSC to Pal. I have tried using my Sony FX1e and a Sony deck. Both play the media just fine, but FCP just won't import it.

FCP 7.03

Basically FCP deck controls work, but preview will not preview and when I tried to capture it says that a video device cannot be found.

I have tried just about all the NTSC capture settings but still no luck.

A friend shot this footage and she tells me her cam was set to 480/60i which doesn't sound exactly right to me, I would have thought 720 576/60i. However the Sony deck tells me this:

DV SP 60i HDV/DVin

The log and cap appears to work, it initializes the device and as I said deck controls work, so it is communicating with the deck.

I just can't seem to import this footage. I never deal with NTSC format so I am wondering if I am missing something really simple?

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Import NTSC 60i
on May 4, 2011 at 9:28:13 am

I don't know the FX1E, but I guess that it's similar to the Z1 in that there are a couple of menu items that have to be right for the capture (right as in both matching the tape and matching the FCP capture settings), so it's likely that you just need to go through the menus (in the camera and the capture settings) very carefully and you'll find one that isn't on the right value (e.g., DV versus HDV).

480 lines is right for NTSC, it's a smaller frame size to PAL.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]