FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi camera questions/workflow..

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Wescott
Multi camera questions/workflow..
on May 4, 2011 at 1:28:47 am

I'm working with footage shot from several HMC 150 cameras and am running into a few issues.

First, how do you deal with multiple clips from the same camera/angle? If all the cameras never stop recording then it's easy to sync up an entire session via in points or timecode. However, as soon as somebody hits stop (on accident or just to replace a card) the multiclip feature treats each new clip as a new angle.

So now instead of my viewer being split nicely four ways it forces you to expand and waste tons of viewer space on black boxes.. If you have person stop recording you have to bump it up to 8way mode and are wasting significant space where no video will ever be seen..

How can I make final cut combine the angles?

Second, If a person fails to sync time code.. What is the best way to deal with this? I notice you can modify->timecode but that removes the original timecode. Call me crazy but I don't like modifying my footage destructively even if its just time code..

Sure, you can use an in point but if you have multiple clips per angle like I describe above then you're shit out of luck making one nice multiclip for the entire event.

My current method has been to just lay everything out on a timeline and scrub through enabling/disabling above tracks to watch/find footage. It's less than ideal.. The ability to watch all clips at once is great but because of issues described above it's just not feasible or me. Can anyone help me out?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Multi camera questions/workflow..
on May 4, 2011 at 3:15:47 am

PluralEyes can help. In fact, it will do the work for you.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved