FORUMS: list search recent posts

Field Reference Monitor

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Laslo
Field Reference Monitor
on May 3, 2011 at 7:59:56 pm

Hi All,

I know this issue has been addressed plenty of times, but I seem to be getting conflicting reports and wanted to see what you recommended.

I am trying to find something that would function as a field monitor and a good reference monitor while editing. Currently I am shooting with a Panasonic HMC-150 and editing in FCP 7 on a Mac Pro. Right now the importance is more on a field monitor as all materials that are produced go to the web, so as far as I can tell color correcting on the lcd monitor is an acceptable choice since that's what the audience will view on.

Budge is tight so I'm looking at around $500 - $600 tops and was thinking since it is a field reference monitor that a small HD TV may be the best option for the price but wanted to get your opinions.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Field Reference Monitor
on May 3, 2011 at 8:04:52 pm

You won't find ANY professional solution at that price. Consumer only HDTVs at that price range.

Even 9" models which are great for field, you won't find for less than $1500 or so. And I'd REALLY hate to use that in editing. I use a 14" and that is too small really.

Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Field Reference Monitor
on May 3, 2011 at 9:31:41 pm

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved