FORUMS: list search recent posts

D5 deck problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Alexander
D5 deck problems
on May 2, 2011 at 10:47:32 pm

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I have a problem with my D5 deck record. I have used multiple sources and multiple settings and I am getting a red channel condition light everytime. The video also comes out slightly pixelated. Does anybody have any advice? The problem started after doing some auto edit training. Could it just crap on the heads. Thanks for any help. If there is a more appropriate forum, let me know.

Return to posts index

John Christie
Re: D5 deck problems
on May 2, 2011 at 10:49:42 pm

I get the same problem if both my input and output are set to my FCP card (Kona) at the same time. Disconnect whichever one you don''t need and try again

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on May 3, 2011 at 1:14:39 am

Do you have a tape with the incorrect playback frequency loaded in the deck? I once had a network reject a tape noting a red channel condition, the tape was 23.976, but if it was loaded into the deck with the playback frequency set to 59.94, it would report a red channel condition.

Are you capturing from a D5 deck, or are you doing a playback to D5?

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on May 3, 2011 at 1:53:23 pm

Red channel condition lights could be all of the above, plus it could be that your deck and your workstation are not referenced to the same clock source. Start with the system setup, make sure that your deck is set to the appropriate resolution/frame rate. Make sure the tape tab for 4 or 8 channels audio is set to what you need. Make sure you're feeding the correct reference signal to both your deck and workstation. Make sure that signal is terminated at the deck and your workstation. Make sure your deck is set to automatically optimize tracking before every edit. Make sure you're using a Panasonic device control protocol. That's about all I can think of off the top of my head, but should be enough to go on. Also, there is a Decks and VTRs forum here at the Cow, where questions like these are perhaps more likely to be addressed. Good luck...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]