FORUMS: list search recent posts

auto cuts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dwight Spitz
auto cuts
on May 1, 2011 at 7:51:39 pm

can you highlight a video component in the timeline and then auto cut said component by designating the amount of times you'd like it cut?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: auto cuts
on May 1, 2011 at 10:45:55 pm

No, but you can always hire an editor to make edits for you.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Dwight Spitz
on May 2, 2011 at 12:15:16 am

i'd rather put that approach and the editor out of business by having the feature implemented instead

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on May 2, 2011 at 4:18:40 am

[Dwight Spitz] "i'd rather put that approach and the editor out of business by having the feature implemented instead"
Ya know Dwight, this forum is kind of like a family to (I suspect) a lot of people, and I love it when people have disagreements but keep it very civil. But I would have to say your comment ranks as one of the dumbest statements I have seen here. Automating a process in an NLE should be used to let the editor focus on the creative aspects of his craft, not eliminate his or her job. Creative Cow is first and foremost a gathering of creative professionals, not be an resource to eliminate those very professionals. Perhaps i missed something in your post, and you didn't say what I thought you said...... perhaps.

don walker
texarkana, texas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]