FORUMS: list search recent posts

Organizing audio takes from FCP to use in Digital Performer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lunday
Organizing audio takes from FCP to use in Digital Performer
on Apr 30, 2011 at 3:25:16 pm

So this is my first time editing a feature film on FCP...and I'm wondering how to organize all the audio takes for importing them into Digital Performer for the dialogue editing, which I am also doing myself. So I have all of the raw files on it's own hard drive but I didn't name the files until I imported them into FCP...So they're all in their own folders in my FCP project organized by the different shooting days...So I'm not sure what to do...I would think that the easiest thing to do would be to export these files in their folders (since I have them named for each angle/take)...and import them into Digital Performer. However, I've tried and can't figure out how to export any of the audio files at all...so I'm obviously doing something wrong?? Will I have to go back and name all the raw files from the drive and them import them into DP??

David

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Organizing audio takes from FCP to use in Digital Performer
on Apr 30, 2011 at 4:23:54 pm

If you are using fop 7 you can re-name the files to match the clip names you created in FCP. Look in the Modify menu. You will have to recreate your folder structure, as FCP bins only exist in the project file.

Return to posts index

David Lunday
Re: Organizing audio takes from FCP to use in Digital Performer
on Apr 30, 2011 at 4:37:01 pm

Hey John, I'm actually using FCP 6...not sure how much of a difference there is??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]