FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP plug-in Magic Bullet Denoiser not working!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Remo Elliot
FCP plug-in Magic Bullet Denoiser not working!
on Apr 30, 2011 at 2:12:53 am

Hey all,

I downloaded the Magic Bullet denoiser, which shows up in my effects tab in Final Cut 7. Problem is when I apply it to my clip it doesn't work. It comes up in the in the filters tab of the viewer and allows me to make adjustments but no actual adjustments are made!

I changed my my sharing & permissions as magic bullet recommended to my HD>Library>Preferences and also HD>Library>Plug-Ins>FxPlug. I am also signed in as admin.

Running OSX 10.6.7

Thank you for any help!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: FCP plug-in Magic Bullet Denoiser not working!
on Apr 30, 2011 at 2:39:45 am

Why don't you try Neat Video Noise Reduction. I can vouch for it; it works.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Louis Basslines
on Apr 30, 2011 at 3:19:15 am

Did you hit the sample button. Also sometimes the you need to select the spot on the timeline that you want to sample. I think it is a bug in MBDN that it sometimes selects the sample location to be somewhere random on the timeline so you may have to hit sample a few times to get it to sample the clip you want.

Macbook Pro 2.8Ghz Intel core duo 4GB ram OS10.6.6
FCP 6.0.6

Return to posts index

Remo Elliot
on Apr 30, 2011 at 3:36:53 am

I checked the sample to the frame in the timeline and it matches up to my clip. attaching a screen shot of my sequence settings.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 30, 2011 at 7:19:45 am

[Remo Elliot] "...... which shows up in my effects tab in Final Cut 7. Problem is when I apply it to my clip it doesn't work"
Is not the filter in the Effects window the one you have to adjust.
You need to double click the clip to open the clip in the Viewer. Then tweak the filter on the Viewers Filters Tab.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Remo Elliot
on Apr 30, 2011 at 4:08:42 pm

@Rafael, I'm on the actual clip. I have other filters native to FCP that are working fine, just seems to be the magic bullet not applying.

Return to posts index

Remo Elliot
on Apr 30, 2011 at 10:02:41 pm

I just applied the filter to a file in my browser to test and it worked. It's only not working to clips that are in my timeline.

Return to posts index

Remo Elliot
on Apr 30, 2011 at 11:34:45 pm

well, took davids advice and just downloaded neat video instead. 100 bucks later works great, thank you.

Return to posts index

Matt Underwood
on Jul 8, 2011 at 7:11:09 am

i've been having the same problem with MBDN. So i googled the problem and stumbled across this forum. Something you (Remo) said stood out to me - MBDN worked fine on a clip in the browser, but not in the timeline. So I created a new timeline, copied my clip into it, and applied the effect - perfection. however, when i tried to bring the clip back to its original timeline, no luck. So i returned to the timeline in which denoiser was working and nested the clip. When i brought the nested clip into my original timeline, it worked perfectly. Sucks to have to do a workaround, but denoiser does a great job - good to know there is a fix that is working for me. hopefully it will do the same for you.

Return to posts index

Jeff Klein
on Sep 14, 2012 at 7:28:59 pm

I was having this same problem, except in After Effects and not Final Cut. I found out the "solution," although I'm not sure it applies to Final, but it did work in After Effects. It turns out that unless the comp viewer is set to FULL resolution, you will not be able to see the effects of Nenoiser inside the viewer. As soon as you switch to full resolution, you will. I hope this helps someone at some point.

I found out this info on this page...

http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/support/faq/product-specific/denoiser-II/25...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]