FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode Break when capturing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lynette Gilbert
Timecode Break when capturing
on Apr 28, 2011 at 2:24:17 pm

Yesterday I tried to change my settings because each file is capturing much larger than it should be (more than 1 GB per minute of video). Following the advice on another thread here, I changed to DV-NTSC in Easy Setup and then I couldn't capture at all.

I changed back to my regular settings today, and now it captures maybe 3 seconds and then just stops and I get the pinwheel, then it says "Locating Timecode Break" (there is no timecode break, I have captured from this tape several times, and when trying another tape, I get the same thing). I have also tried Non-Controllable Device, but when I play it back the picture is jerky and the audio is completely garbled.

I trashed my prefs and started over - same thing is happening. And, of course, I have a huge project due tomorrow. I wouldn't have changed any settings except I have other projects on my drive that I'm working on at the moment and am running out of room.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. Here are specs:

Mac OS 10.6.4
2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Deck: DSR-45A

Capturing via AJA IO/LA
Device Control: AJA to LA RS-422 NTSC
Capture/Input: AJA Io LA: YPbPr SMPTE/N10 8-bit NTSC 48 KHz
Video Playback: ProIO – NTSC J – Component YPbPr SMPTE N10 – 8-bit 422

I am wondering if, when I got my new computer last year, I changed one of the settings somewhere and didn't change my document where I've recorded all my settings? This is the first time I've tried trashing prefs since using the new computer ...

UPDATE: I changed the capture location and now it works. Not sure why.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved