FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Issues--Quicktime fps drifts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Routt
Export Issues--Quicktime fps drifts
on Apr 28, 2011 at 1:21:19 am

Apologies for what may be a very common problem, hopefully with a very simple solution.

Sometimes when I export QuickTimes, my movies look choppy. In the QT Inspector, I can see the "Playing FPS" varies from 6-16 as the movie plays.

Movie was exported using QuickTime Conversion; H.264 best; 1280x720 HD; AAC audio; frame rate current.

The Project is HDTV 720p, square pix, no field dom, 29.97; Apple Pro Res (footage was transcoded from P2);
MAC Book Pro 2.8GHz Intel Core Duo; 4GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
FCP 7.0

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Export Issues--Quicktime fps drifts
on Apr 28, 2011 at 5:33:45 am

Use Export>>QuickTime Movie to make a self contained file, then bring that into Compressor to make your h.264 file.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Export Issues--Quicktime fps drifts
on Apr 28, 2011 at 6:53:59 am

there is also a bug in Quicktime>conversion with frame rates. Never leave the setting on current. Set the actual frame rate or it sets incorrect metadata in the quicktime file. I have had editors send me Qt conversion files for sound post in Fairlight and it always shows the wrong frame rate.

Fairlight, like QT player, is getting the info from the metadata which is incorrect and may make QT player behave badly on playback and certainly incorrectly flag the actual frame rate.

Best, as David has said, is to avoid Qt Conversion and use Compressor for H264 files

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]