FORUMS: list search recent posts

GH2/FCP 1080i 50 problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich Peart
GH2/FCP 1080i 50 problem
on Apr 27, 2011 at 6:25:31 pm

I shot some footage yesterday on a panasonic GH2 , It was shot in 1080i at 50 fps which is the only setting on my camera for 1080i, I have used log and tranfer to bring the MT files in FCP , so far so good, however I want the footage to be on DVD, I have exported my movie, and put into compressor and used the mpeg 2 DVD best quality 90 mins setting. However this Mpeg 2 convertion looked faster than the original footage like it has been speeded up slightly. ??

does anyone know what causing this and what the solution is, its driving me mad, have searched google but have confused myself reading so much info .

I noticed the FCP has automatically imported this footage using a prores 422 codec, which i understand to be correct and put the frame rate to 25, which as far as I can see looks ok in FCP its once its ben through compressor its looking faster ...
There must just be one setting im not doing right but am stuck , and help or advice greatly recieved at this point, i need to burn the DVD asap .
Have read so many topics on similar issues but a lot relate to 60 fps mine was 50, andive just got confused now =( ... im in the UK btw .

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: GH2/FCP 1080i 50 problem
on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:09:58 pm

Things will look less fluid and more choppy in p25 vs i50, but things won't go faster.
have alook to the Browser and make sure that the footage shows up as "Upper First".
Then do the same with your sequence setting.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Rich Peart
Re: GH2/FCP 1080i 50 problem
on Apr 27, 2011 at 8:48:57 pm

thamks ill try and look for that setting and check it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]