FORUMS: list search recent posts

No P2 in Transfer and Capture Preferences FCP 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Watts
No P2 in Transfer and Capture Preferences FCP 6
on Apr 27, 2011 at 4:31:42 pm

Hi

I have a problem that I have downloaded AVCIntraDecoder_v1.5 10 so I can ‘log and transfer’ in fcp 6, because there is no P2 plugin in the dropdown menu in the prefs pane ... or any other plugin.

My problem is that I cannot find where the installed AVCIntraDecoder_v1.5 10 is!

Could you tell me where it might be and how to get it into FCP 6 and into the log and transfer preferences so I can transfer the MXF Contents File into FCP 6.

Or is this the problem??

Thank you

PS my computer is Mac OS X Ver 10.6.7 Upgraded to Snow Leopard. Final Cut is Version 6.0

Keith Watts

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: No P2 in Transfer and Capture Preferences FCP 6
on Apr 27, 2011 at 5:50:07 pm

Just run the installer. That allows the machine to see the AVCIntra codec. As for importing it...use Log and Transfer. Here's the tutorial on that:

Tapeless Workflow for FCP 7 Tutorial

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Keith Watts
on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:10:47 pm

Hi Shane

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I definitely installed the AVCIntra codec from the installer successfully.

I have already watched your tutorial and followed the instructions to the letter ... unfortunately I still get 'incomplete' in brackets next to each clip and there is no mention of P2 in the L & T preference import pull down window. There is nothing in that window.

It is if the FCP 6 doesn't recognise the AVCIntra codec. As I said before ... I can't even find it in Finder.

Any suggestions welcome because it seems I can't import the files into DFCP 6 to edit!

Cheers, Keith (I'm English, hence the cheers!)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:24:38 pm

What version of FCP 6? Update it to 6.0.6 if it isn't there already. It should work. Might try trashing preferences (use the Preference Manager found at digitalrebellion.com for FREE) and see if that helps.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Keith Watts
on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:37:13 pm

Hi Shane

Yes I will have ago at that in morning. (I've got to sort it before Royal Wedding!) Thanx for help ... time for a pint ... my head's frassled!

Cheers, Keith

Keith Watts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]