FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 720p25 footage to SD DVD and DV PAL

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ilinca Calugareanu
EX3 720p25 footage to SD DVD and DV PAL
on Apr 27, 2011 at 4:16:46 pm

Hi,

I would really appreciate some advice as I just can't find a way out of this problem.
I'm making an SD DVD from EX3 720p25 footage and I tried numerous strategies (some recommended here) but I still end up with some amount of jagged edges, especially in wide shots, around faces and shots that have texts (such as the name on a van that is in a shot).
I'm working in FCP 7, worked with the native codec and set the render codec to Prores 422. I have already tried:
- exporting as quicktime movie and using compressor DVD best quality 90 minutes - with double pass VBR and one pass CBR, same jagged edges result
-exporting quicktime movie and letting DVDSP do the conversion, similar result
- desperate attempt - using the QT movie in iDVD
-dropping the HD cut into an SD (DV-PAL) sequence/ compressing trough FCP or Compressor to get dv

I also tried these working in a native sequence with native render codec, but results are similar in all my tests.
I have to deliver a SD DVD and also a DV PAL file/minidv tape - that's why I also tried getting a good dv file - but these attempts like the DVD ones seem to have the same problem.

I would really appreciate any bit of advice.
As I said, I work in FCP7 and only have Compressor and DVDSP as my tools, I'm afraid.

Thank you,

Ilinca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]