FORUMS: list search recent posts

Informal poll

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig whit
Informal poll
on Apr 27, 2011 at 1:41:48 pm

How many people are involved in a color managed workflow throughout their entire pipeline? Do different artists work in different bit depths or color spaces? Do your projects go from editorial to graphics to color to whatever or is more of "one man project" type of thing? Is this a topic of conversation at your place?

Just trying to gauge what is going on.

Thanks,
Craig

craig whitaker
vfx – mograph

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
Re: Informal poll
on Apr 27, 2011 at 8:07:45 pm

Hi Craig, I generally split my time between live action and full CG shows. For my live action work, color-management doesn't really come up. But I'm working in "offline" mode usually. The whole show gets handed off to a dedicated facility for conform and color correction. They make it pretty.

For CG shows, it is a huge topic of conversation! But every studio probably has different approaches. And I'm sure the nature of the deliverables also dictate how the color pipeline is designed. In my experience, only artists that deal with color critical aspects of production get targeted for a "color managed workflow." (Like a lighter or compositor). An animator would not have to worry about color management.

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]