FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export problems!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lavis
Export problems!
on Apr 27, 2011 at 12:59:08 pm

I am currently working on a job and am making a set of three minute films. I am using a whole host of footage from all different sources, from DVcam, hd720p, hd1080i and also minidv. I have laid them onto a standard dvpal time line sequence and have started working on them. I have come to the end of the edit and i have been given instructions from my client on how he wants them to be exported.

He has asked for them in these settings:

From fcp export quicktime movie:

video format 1024x576
format options h.264 quality best
frame rate: current key frames : automatic
data rate: automatic
frame re ordering yes
encoding: multi pass
filter : none
size : current
Don not de interlace source video

So i have put all these settings into fcp export and once the film has exported and i watch it back it has some really bad interlacing problems. Jaggies are coming up when there is movement on screen. This is only coming up on the 1080i and DVcam footage.

Can any one suggest a way i can get rid of the interlacing problems but keeping these settings??

I hope u can help.

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Export problems!
on Apr 27, 2011 at 1:24:11 pm

If you are viewing this playing back on a computer screen - you will see the interlacing in interlaced footage.
How is the client going to use these files?
They wanted it interlaced...

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Michael Lavis
on Apr 27, 2011 at 1:55:50 pm

They wanted them to be shown from a computer and projected on a large screen. The client has seen the footage and wants the jaggies removed.

I am a post graduate and have only been working a year so my knowledge is still not great in the world of export/compression/codecs etc!!

I have done a version and ticked the box to deinterlace and this seems to resolve the problem but the image looks slightly softer and not as sharp. Is there any other way to corect this??

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Apr 27, 2011 at 4:23:38 pm

Use compressor and De-interlace on high quality. ( Edit the H264 preset in Compressor )

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Apr 27, 2011 at 4:36:58 pm

I agree with Paul - export the timeline in current settings and use Compressor to make that version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved