FORUMS: list search recent posts

23.98 sound coming in as 29.97

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Holden
23.98 sound coming in as 29.97
on Apr 27, 2011 at 1:41:20 am

Hey,

I'm working in a 23.98 FCP project. I get the sound rolls from the recordist and half the scenes are 23.98 WAV and the other half are 29.97. I ask him him if he might of recorded some of the scenes in 29.97 but he says that he definitely only recorded 23.98.

I synced up the clips and there's no drift or anything so it seems ok. Is this gonna cause any problems down the line? Is the mixer gonna have any trouble with the dual frame rates when I deliver?

Thanks
Will

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: 23.98 sound coming in as 29.97
on Apr 27, 2011 at 9:49:07 am

No worries at all.
Audio does not have an FPS, although you can do tricks with it to change speed.
But if it sounds right and syncs up nicely, you'll be fine. Don't think about it again.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: 23.98 sound coming in as 29.97
on Apr 27, 2011 at 8:26:54 pm

And as Bouke can attest, importing broadcast WAV files into FCP demands that you first choose your Easy Setup for your timebase, then CLOSE FCP. Reopen FCP and THEN import your WAVs. FCP has a problem with importing broadcast WAV files and usually appends whatever timebase it was set to when the application was opened. This will not change until you choose your setup, exit the app, and reopen. Try it with a new project and see if the broadcast WAVs are still showing up with the wrong timebase. In addition, I would recommend getting a hold of Sound Devices Wave Agent software as this will tell you exactly what the WAV file headers say (so you know before having to call your sound recordist)...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]