FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX log & file transfer for FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Plaisance
XDCAM EX log & file transfer for FCP
on Apr 26, 2011 at 10:12:28 pm

I ahev down loaded the file, installed it, open FCP and no matter what i do I do not see anything refering to "Sony XDCAM" anywhere...I go to file import...and nothing...well, not "Sony XDCAM".

Any help?? Thanks in advance!!!

Steven

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: XDCAM EX log & file transfer for FCP
on Apr 26, 2011 at 10:52:01 pm

Need to install either the XDCAM log and transfer plugin, or the Sony Clip Browser software.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steven Plaisance
on Apr 27, 2011 at 1:11:18 am

Ok, to clear things up a little...lol..I downloaded and installed the plugin, but still do not get the "Sony XDCAM" option in the file, import dropdown menu...I have tried to install the plugin numerous times with no luck.

I do have version 7.02, or something in the 7s version of FCP, so that is not the prob...

If I could get FCP to recognize it, or the plugin to work I would be rocking.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 27, 2011 at 3:56:28 am

OK...you installed the Log and Transfer plugin...good. Now, you will NOT see an IMPORT XDCAM option. What you do is go to LOG AND TRANSFER, and then click on the folder with a + sign icon on the upper left hand side. Direct it to your folder containing the XDCAM footage. And then click OK. Then it should populate with footage.

Shane

Return to posts index

Steven Plaisance
on Apr 27, 2011 at 2:07:22 pm

Wow, again, my brain not working...I meant to say that I go to Log and Transfer from the drop down menu, not import.

Every thing that I have read or seen shows that once you have clicked file, then Log and transfer, then I should see the option for "Sony XDCAM".

That is where the problem is...I do not see it.

I have restarted the computer, reinstalled the plugin, restarted FCP and nothing.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 27, 2011 at 3:17:13 pm

[Steven Plaisance] "Every thing that I have read or seen shows that once you have clicked file, then Log and transfer, then I should see the option for "Sony XDCAM"."

Well, you won't. You won't see it in the PREFERENCES of L&T either, because it comes in natively only. The only P2 option listed is for AVCIntra. The other P2 format, DVCPRO HD...does not show up. All you do in install the plugin, then use Log and Transfer like you do with ANY tapeless format. I have a tutorial here:

Tapeless Workflow for FCP 7 Tutorial

Note...you won't see any options for it in the L&T preferences, as mentioned, so you can't bring it in as PrORes, only as native XDCAM. But it works. Have you even TRIED to do it?

[Steven Plaisance] "That is where the problem is...I do not see it. "

You won't see it. I have said you won't see it. Just install, then use Log and Transfer. That simple. You could have tried this by now.

Shane

Return to posts index

Steven Plaisance
on Apr 27, 2011 at 1:00:03 am

Sorry for the confusion...In my question I stated that I downloaded the file, I meant the download from Sony, the XDCAM EX Log & transfer plugin. I installed the plug in. No problems installing. But no matter how hard I search, there is no evidence that it actually installed. The most troubling thing is that when I open FCP and click on file, import it still does not say anything about "Sony XDCAM".

Seems to me like the plugin looks like it installs but does not??? That is the confusing thing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]