FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transfer 29.97 to 25

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Basslines
Transfer 29.97 to 25
on Apr 25, 2011 at 8:43:19 pm

Hi I am in US shooting footage on a canon 5d MIII. I want the footage eventually be in 25fps PAL. Due to problems with light flicker we have shot some footage at 29.97

I would like to convert this footage to 25p. What is the best way without using a post suite. Compressor ? or Export as quicktime movie ?

We have tried changing FPS and also shutter speed to avoid flicker but some lights continue to flicker.

In future we will try and record at 24p with shutter speed of 1/60, to match the US power.

Hopefully converting from 24p to 25p should be more suitable than trying to get 29.97 down to 25.

Most footage we have is 25p , it is just a few files shot in a night club which are 29.97

Macbook Pro 2.8Ghz Intel core duo 4GB ram OS10.6.6
FCP 6.0.6

Return to posts index

Louis Basslines
Re: Transfer 29.97 to 25
on Apr 25, 2011 at 9:13:12 pm

Also I have separate audio from a zoom recorder which I will add to time line and sync with plural eyes. So I guess it is not just as easy as batch converting the files as I will need to export from timeline. I do not have a lot of experience with Frame rates so if anyone has any tutorials or advice it would be much appreciated. Thank you

Macbook Pro 2.8Ghz Intel core duo 4GB ram OS10.6.6
FCP 6.0.6

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Transfer 29.97 to 25
on Apr 25, 2011 at 10:55:26 pm

Light flicker can usually be dealt with by changing shutter speed, not frame rate. Going from 29.97 to 25 and maintaining sound sync will mean using Compressor to change the frame rate. Using frame controls you will need to set for best speed and motion. It is slow but it looks best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]