FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video filters not working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Catherine Hartman
Video filters not working
on Apr 24, 2011 at 7:37:22 am

I've done a search on this and other sites and haven't been able to solve my problem. I have some footage that needs color correction. Since I was showing clips to my client, I put the 3 way color corrector on clips in the viewer so the clips in the bin looked fine. I created the filter for one clip, saved it in the browser, and dragged to the viewer to put on other clips. All fine.

Now I am putting my clip in the timeline. There is no correction and the render bar doesn't indicate a render. I double click the clip and see the color corrector is there. I drag the color corrector from the browser to the clip in the timeline now there are two. I remove attributes and start again. Clip is in timeline. Drag filter from browser to clip. No effect, no render bar. Double click to open in viewer. 3 way color corrector there. Remove attibute and try again. Select clip in timeline. Go to effects on the menu and select 3 way color corrector. Double click and open in viewer. See filter. Go to filter tab and alter parameter slider. No changes. Go to render and check under video and select video and render all. Go to RT and make sure unlimited is checked. Go to user settings render tab and make sure filters is checked.

I've opened another project and tried to put effects on clips there and same thing. I had a project recently that I blurred faces and that effect worked fine in that project.I tried the process with several effects not just color corrector on several clips in several projects.Are there other settings I should check?

Is the next step to trash my preferences? Is there a way to do this myself or is the best way to use Rescue? Or could it be my video card? How to proceed with further troubleshooting?

Running FCP 7.0.3 on MacBookPro with OS 10.6.7 2.66 GHz Intel Core Duo 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Thanks! I'm getting behind deadlines trying to figure this out. I work in Afghanistan and have no resources here for mac support.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Video filters not working
on Apr 24, 2011 at 9:09:53 pm

Catherine,
The 3-WCC has so good RT preview performance that doesn't need rendering. If you want it to be rendered in the time-line you need to force the rendering (Alt-R).
Anyway will be rendered on exporting.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]