FORUMS: list search recent posts

File size anomaly when exporting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergio Betancourt
File size anomaly when exporting
on Apr 23, 2011 at 4:01:40 pm

Hi all

I have two different movies edited with final cut pro. Both were shot with the Canon 550D with the same resolution and frame rate. Both were compressed to ProRes244 for editing. Both were exported with the exatly same settings, and both have exactly the same duration. I only added a single song to both movies. No extra sound channels, no extra video layers.

However, one movie is three times bigger then the other one:
Movie One: 57,7 MB
Movie Two: 181,5 MB

The only different I can think of between the two movies is that Movie One was shot with a class 6 SDHC card, and Movie Two with class 10 SDHC card.

Is there any explanation for this? Have anyone had similar experiences with this?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: File size anomaly when exporting
on Apr 23, 2011 at 4:22:21 pm

Open both movies into the QT player and report exactly what it says in the movie inspector for each.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Apr 23, 2011 at 7:39:44 pm

[Sergio Betancourt] " Both were shot with the Canon 550D with the same resolution and frame rate. Both were compressed to ProRes244 for editing. Both were exported with the exatly same settings, and both have exactly the same duration. I"
Whatever the origin of the files, that's no possible.

[Sergio Betancourt] "However, one movie is three times bigger then the other one:
Movie One: 57,7 MB
Movie Two: 181,5 MB"

I guess those files are when recompressed back to H264.
IMO somewhere the export setting has been changed.
Do what Tom says.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Mike Neders
on Apr 25, 2011 at 4:21:10 pm

Looking forward to hearing your response. My daughter is experiencing the same thing right now with a recent project for school. Up until this point, all the projects she has been doing for school which are usually anywhere from 5 to 8 minutes in length save after complete and adding music at about 150 to 350 mb's depending, and would play in quick time no problem and be able to share with all at school. This last one saved at about 64 mb's which seemed rather small and when trying to play she is getting the music file but not the video. The movie is there in final cut and plays great but its going into the saving process that causes the issue. A setting must be at fault but not sure which one. I will post up two files she has finished with the recent one and the info on both and hopefully someone can see what the issue is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]