FORUMS: list search recent posts

media manager error on retimed clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andi no
media manager error on retimed clip
on Apr 21, 2011 at 5:19:08 pm

Hi, i got problem with media manager in FCP . If there're couple of clips get speed up , the media manager will output a new sequence where all the speed up clip will have the IN point altered , sometime 1 or 2 frames. This is happening when i turn off the 'include master clip outside selection' . Is this a bug? I got a sequence of 120min with all the speed up clips got screwed up. I don't want to turn on the 'include master clip...' coz i want to reduce disk usage. That full clip eat up my drive.

thanx.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
Re: media manager error on retimed clip
on Apr 22, 2011 at 6:00:48 am

FCP has traditionally had problems media managing speed-modified clips.
in my recent experience it's pretty well behaved.
(i don't do this a lot, mind you.)

in the past i found a solution was to go thru my timeline before media managing,
match-frame the speed mod clips into the viewer, and edit them back into a dedicated track above the rest with visibility turned off.
these clips would have no speed mod on them.
in those days the errors could be quite large, so my thinking was i could re-build the shot if necessary,
but just having the unaffected clips in the timeline seemed to make the Media Managed version come out ok

i rarely speed shots up, so i don't know if they would behave differently to the slowed down shots i had.

as you've already got an MM'd version of your timeline it might be a drag to have to do all that again.
the simplest solution would be to just go thru the media managed timeline and slip the problem clips to correct them.
that's assuming you have handles, of course.

nick

Return to posts index

andi no
on Apr 28, 2011 at 4:38:35 pm

HI Nick , thanx for replying, i've experienced this since version 6. Is 7 got this bug fixed already? i don't have 7 , so i can't test it. Thanx.

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on May 2, 2011 at 12:48:55 am

sorry, andi,
i haven't done much media managing in FCP7.

i did MM a 90 minute show a few months ago,
and it came out fine
but i simply cant remember if i had my non-speed-modified safety copies in the timeline or not.
chances are i did.
also, we only had simple speed mods. no ramping.

nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]