I'm working on a project that mixes DVCPro 720p24 media with clips that were converted to ProRes (LT) SD at 23.98 (the sequence settings are DVCPro 720p24). We finished a cut and did a full render, but noticed that quite a few of clips had slipped by various amounts. When I tried to match back to the master clip, it matches back to a completely different part of the clip. I deleted all of the preferences and caches to see if that would do the trick but no luck. I'm starting to bake out quicktimes and replace the shots in the cut, but as I've come across this problem before, I was wondering if you have any other suggestions on how I can fix this, either by preventing it in the first place or somehow fixing it so that FCP references the media properly.
I'm running FCP 7.0.3 on an iMac with 4 gb of RAM, processor is 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 and it is running OS X 10.7.6.