FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7: export Apple prores 422 with constant bit rate

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ch Lam
FCP 7: export Apple prores 422 with constant bit rate
on Apr 21, 2011 at 4:07:07 am

Dear All,

In FCP 7, is it possible to export Apple prores 422 movie with constant bit rate?

In the Standard video compression settings from exort, when i select Apple ProRes 422 as the compression type, Data rate is always "Automatic", I can't change it to "Restrict to ... kbits/sec". Please advise!

Thanks,
lamch

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: FCP 7: export Apple prores 422 with constant bit rate
on Apr 21, 2011 at 4:32:28 am

Nope, can't be done. ProRes does not have user controlled or adjustable bitrates. Each of the different ProRes formats (422, HQ, LT, proxy) has a relatively small set of defined bitrates that are based upon the source video and audio being encoded. So, if you're encoding 720x486 SD material at 29.97 to ProRes 422, the bitrate is set in stone. Encode 720p at 23.98 to ProRes HQ, that's set in stone too. Photo JPEG is about the editing codec I know that's user adjustable anymore.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Apr 21, 2011 at 11:33:50 am

Prores is VBR not CBR. It's is I frame, but the bitrate will change depending on your footage.

Return to posts index

michael armao
on Dec 31, 2012 at 2:56:29 am

David maybe you can help me,

I have a Sony PMWEX1R and most of the time I shoot SD Video, Format DVCAM 30SQ set on camera. When I bring it over to FCP7 and drop it into my time line a window pops up and says for best performance your sequence and external video should be set to the format of the clips you are editing... change sequence setting to match clip settings and I click yes. Should I be doing that to get the clearest video and should I be changing settings in user preference, system settings, easy set up, or audio/video settings. I know everything say I should use pro res but not sure how to set up FCP7 to do that when i shot in SD. Can you help.
you can email me at xquisitevideoproduction@gmail.com

Thanks

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]