FORUMS: list search recent posts

plugins

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nuno Gonçalves
plugins
on Apr 21, 2011 at 4:00:49 am

Can't find the Twixtor plugin in FCP7. I put it in FCP System Support/Plugins folder but it doesnt show on my Effects bar in FC. Acually isnt there supposed to be a "plugins" folder under the Video Filters effects tab? Right now i dont have any plugins in FC. This is probably an easy one but im new to FCP and still learning my ways into it!

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: plugins
on Apr 21, 2011 at 10:36:30 am

Wether the Pro or regular version, the installer provided with the Twixtor plugin you bought should have installed it in the proper place.

You should not have to "put it" in any folder by yourself... Try reinstalling?

Patrice

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 21, 2011 at 10:42:10 am

You cannot simply "place" a plug-in. You have to install it.

You do still have the original installer and serial number, correct? Just re-run the installer, it places itself.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Nuno Gonçalves
on Apr 21, 2011 at 11:03:09 am

I did install it, it's just not apearing in FC. None of the pluggins already instaled are showing up. Im sure i did everything right!

still learning....

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Apr 21, 2011 at 3:29:40 pm

>You cannot simply "place" a plug-in. You have to install it.

Actually that would depend entirely on the plugin Walter.

FxScript plugins can be manually installed for all users by placing them in the /Library/Application Support/FInal Cut Pro System Support/Plugins folder
Basic FxPlug plugins can be manually installed for all users by placing them in the /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug folder

More complex plugins however, which require accompanying support files and libraries (possibly like Twixtor) very definitely need to be "installed" via the original installer so that all those support files are correctly placed in the needed locations.

Cheers
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]