FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture & Cue problems with DVCProHD deck

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Foot
Capture & Cue problems with DVCProHD deck
on Apr 20, 2011 at 7:38:49 pm

Loading DVCProHD tapes into FCP via Kona3G card, BlackMagic VideoHub through the SDI downconvert out and rs422 remote. The tapes I am loading have Time of Day timecode so there are timecode breaks throughout. When FCP finds a timecode break it will cue to the break, however at that point the deck holds in pause and does not play - which keeps FCP showing me "CUEING SOURCE MATERIAL"
What I can do to remedy this for the short term is quickly switch the deck control over to local, press play on the deck, and switch control back to remote. This plays the video and FCP picks up digitizing like nothing happened. Problem is I have 30 field tapes and millions of TC breaks - so I need it to work the right way. Deck's rented for the next two days - so this is emergency. Any takers?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Capture & Cue problems with DVCProHD deck
on Apr 20, 2011 at 8:33:48 pm

YOu have to resort to doing CAPTURE NOW. Press play, count to 5 (you MUST have preroll if you ever hope on recapturing this footage again)...then hit Capture Now. When it hits a time code break, it should save the clip. Then repeat for the next clip. and the next.

Time of day code SUCKS at times like this. And you end up spending hours capturing footage. And I hope they shot enough pre-roll to allow for it.

Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Foot
on Apr 20, 2011 at 8:49:02 pm

Yeah, no amount of preroll is working either - going about it manually for now. Every 3rd clip seems to pick the play by itself. Haven't had this problem with hdcam or other decks.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 21, 2011 at 10:49:00 am

Why are you using the BlackMagic Videohub with an AJA Kona board? Seems unnecessary.

Have you taken that out of the equation to see if that helps? Also, I would try connecting to the HD-SDI out of the deck, directly to the Kona and perform the downconvert via the Kona instead of the deck.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved