FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 editing systems and 1 project - Render files won't reconnect

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenna Bliss
2 editing systems and 1 project - Render files won't reconnect
on Apr 20, 2011 at 12:45:29 am

I am making DVDs screeners and there were 2 editors working on the same project today to make a deadline. When I tried to marry the different sections of the episode - none of my render files would reconnect. WHy would this happen? Is it because I renamed the projects? How can I make sure to keep render files connected? Do I have to copy the render files with the media before I open the project on a new computer?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!!!

Jenna D Bliss

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 2 editing systems and 1 project - Render files won't reconnect
on Apr 20, 2011 at 1:07:40 am

[Jenna Bliss] " Do I have to copy the render files with the media before I open the project on a new computer?"

Yes. If you don't, then they won't be there. OR...just render again.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: 2 editing systems and 1 project - Render files won't reconnect
on Apr 20, 2011 at 5:54:20 pm

[Jenna Bliss] "WHy would this happen? Is it because I renamed the projects? How can I make sure to keep render files connected? Do I have to copy the render files with the media before I open the project on a new computer?"

The project should be the same name on both computers if you can do it that way.

Also, very important, name the Media Drive the same thing on both computers so FCP is always looking at what it thinks are the exact same media arrays.

Quite honestly, Render files are THE most fickle of the files with FCP. Even with the same project, same RAID name, more often than not, they seem to disconnect when we transfer from one machine to another. No clue why, it just does.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]