FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unsupported .MTS Files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Hescht
Unsupported .MTS Files
on Apr 19, 2011 at 3:29:01 pm

I'm totally new to Final Cut Pro, and to digital formats in general. I shot several hours worth of clips on a borrowed Panasonic AVCHD, with a borrowed SD card.

I know now that I should have transfered all of the files, not just the .mts files, onto my hard drive. But I didn't know it then. So all I have is a bunch of .mts files, which I cannot get onto Final Cut Pro through Log and Transfer, or do much else with.

I can open the files in VLC or Quicktime, but the video is extremely choppy. I got a trial version of Splash Pro, which plays them perfectly, so I know that it's at least theoretically possible to salvage the footage.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Unsupported .MTS Files
on Apr 19, 2011 at 4:28:29 pm

Use ClipWrap to transcode the .mts files to ProRes LT.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 19, 2011 at 10:52:58 pm

[Tom Wolsky] "to transcode the .mts files to ProRes LT."

Depending on your final delivery, ProRes422 may be more appropriate, especially as you can't use Log & Transfer to recapture in an offline/online workflow.

If the video is only for web or DVD the LT may be fine.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Apr 19, 2011 at 11:29:48 pm

It depends what you need to do downstream no doubt, but Pro Res LT is more than adequate for the originating media.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]