FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback audio sync

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wojtek Jezowski
Playback audio sync
on Apr 19, 2011 at 2:45:38 pm

Ive seen many posts about syncing issues in FC but I couldn't find something that is happening to me.
During edit without an external video and audio monitor there seems to be an offset between audio and video - around 1-2 frames.

For example I have a break in my sequence. After that an interview clip. When the playhead reaches it I cam clearly tell that the audio is being played first instead of audio and video at the same time. I thought at first that maybe i trimmed it wrong but both video and audio clips are matched up and begin at the same time.
What's funny is that when i scrub through the clip frame by frame the audio and video are displayed at the same time but it looks as if the audio is offset by 2 frames. When I move the clip, it is in sync while scrubbing but is out of sync when in playback.

This doesn't happen on a different mac I use for editing so there must be something wrong. Its a 2x2ghz dual core mac pr with 8gb ram. I just completed a fresh install of snow leopard and fcs3. Everything is up to date.

Please help. Its annoying :)

Wojtek Jezowski

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Playback audio sync
on Apr 19, 2011 at 10:54:31 pm

Are you using a Kona card and are the drivers up to date. I had a sync offset issue with playback that was fixed by updating the Kona software.

Return to posts index

Wojtek Jezowski
Re: Playback audio sync
on Apr 20, 2011 at 11:29:25 am

Nope. I have a Blackmagic deklink SDI but the problems started before I installed it this week.

Wojtek Jezowski

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]