FORUMS: list search recent posts

Freeze during Log & Transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hyunsoo Moon
Freeze during Log & Transfer
on Apr 18, 2011 at 11:25:26 pm

Hi, I'm doing Log & Transfer from AVCHD footage I shot with the Sony NX5U into Apple ProRes. It works about 70 percent of the time and 30 percent of the time my cursor turns into a beachball and freezes. It's extremely frustrating since I can't figure out what's causing it. I've tried holding off the transfer until I'm done logging everything, and I've tried to kinda batch process everything but nothing seems to actually matter. The freeze happens very randomly.

This is a brand new system and I just bought the FCP as well,7.0.3. The scratch disk is a G-Technology G-Speed eS, with 4 disk arrays @ 2 TB each, running RAID 10. I have been dragging the AVCHED footage into an internal drive and then bringing it into Log & Transfer. Please Help!!

Return to posts index

Itamar Kool
Re: Freeze during Log & Transfer
on Apr 19, 2011 at 2:03:07 pm

I have/had the same problem. Happens most of the time when you move the cursor around with your mouse or pen. Only way to avoid the beachball for me was to just stop moving around with the cursor. I do everything with the keyboard now

Kool En De Anderen
MAC Pro 8 core/OS 10.6.2/Kona LHe/Apple FCS 3/Adobe PPCS3/Huge fibrechannel
http://www.koolendeanderen.nl

Return to posts index

Hyunsoo Moon
on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:45:14 pm

Hah, I cant believe that actually makes a difference. I'll try it and let you know how it goes. What are the helpful keyboard shortcuts when it comes to log & transfer?

Return to posts index

Itamar Kool
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:26:49 pm

not much actually. there is no jkl or something like that.
shift i and shift o works

Kool En De Anderen
MAC Pro 8 core/OS 10.6.2/Kona LHe/Apple FCS 3/Adobe PPCS3/Huge fibrechannel
http://www.koolendeanderen.nl

Return to posts index

Hyunsoo Moon
on Apr 19, 2011 at 9:34:17 pm

So it seems to do the trick. Key is to not use the mouse too much to do scrubbing. Every time I scrub fast through the footage, FCP seems to crash. It's a shame JKL doesn't let you play 2x and 4x speed. Here are some useful keyboard shortcuts I found:

Ctrl + Cmd + (Left/Right) - Previous/Next Footage
F2 - Add Clip to Queue

Return to posts index

piff aroni
on Jan 6, 2013 at 4:01:48 am

wow, what a nightmare.

so FCP crashes, what other program can we use to transcode the footage without crashing?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]