FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project that contains 24p clips and 30p clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Baljot Bhatti
Project that contains 24p clips and 30p clips
on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:43:59 pm

So I'm making a short movie (fictional) about a crew of people who are trying to make a movie. I wanted to combine clips from the actual movie they are making - which would be 24p - and then the mockumentary part of it - which would be 30p - into one cohesive final project. I know enough about FCP that I can only output at one framerate, and that any 24p clips placed in my timeline would end up being converted to 30p (or the other way around).

Is there either a way to work around this, or make it so the 24p clips wouldn't be harshly degraded when they're converted, or do I have to bite the bullet and just pick a framerate?

Return to posts index

Elijah Lynn
Re: Project that contains 24p clips and 30p clips
on Apr 23, 2011 at 12:11:40 am

[Baljot Bhatti] "So I'm making a short movie (fictional) about a crew of people who are trying to make a movie. I wanted to combine clips from the actual movie they are making - which would be 24p - and then the mockumentary part of it - which would be 30p - into one cohesive final project. I know enough about FCP that I can only output at one framerate, and that any 24p clips placed in my timeline would end up being converted to 30p (or the other way around).

Is there either a way to work around this, or make it so the 24p clips wouldn't be harshly degraded when they're converted, or do I have to bite the bullet and just pick a framerate?"

==============================

Hi Baljot,

This thread is relevant to what you are asking. From what I gather, you should pick a target framerate and set your sequence to that and then convert the non-target framerate to the target framerate via compressor and ProRes. You will save yourself some headache! It will cost you diskspace but I think it is worth it in my opinion. Maybe this won't be necessary with FCP X but it is right now.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1129698

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]