FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip - doing it right

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vlad Sorokin
Multiclip - doing it right
on Apr 18, 2011 at 11:37:55 am

Hi guys!
Sorry for posting question that for sure has been answered many times - but unfortunately I couldn't find exact answer.

So here is it - If I have many many clips shot just from 3 angles - how to make a multiclip right?

I'll explain what I mean:

I have footage (3 hours) of TEDxMoscow from 3 cameras with jammed timecode.
Cam 1 - close-up of person speaking about something on a stage. (about 13 clips)
Cam 2 - wide angle of same lecturer. (4 clips)
Cam 3 - many shots of audience listening to speaker plus 3rd angle of speaker. (160 clips)

What I need is ONE big multiclip sequence with just 3 (!) angles.

If I combine all these clips into multiclip as they are - instead of 3 angles I would have >160 - this is wrong. However if I try to combine clips by angles and export them into 3 self-contained movies - then I would loose my jammed timecode and it would be impossible to sync them.

So the question is - how to do it right? Is there any general approach to make a multiclip with hundreds of clips shot just with 3 cameras? I guess I have to merge clips anyway, but how to do it?

p.s. Till now I used plural eyes, but I don't like to work with many tracks for some reason - I think multiclip is much easier to edit.

Thanks for help,
Vlad

Return to posts index

Brendan Maghran
Re: Multiclip - doing it right
on Apr 18, 2011 at 7:45:43 pm

If you only want 3 clips isn't the only was to achieve that by making them self contained QT files? If you can manage to find something uniform throughout (a clap, noise hit, camera flash) you might be able to sync them with inpoints.

"Where that light source is coming from?"
"The same place as the music."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]