FORUMS: list search recent posts

general error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonny Cates
general error
on Apr 18, 2011 at 7:39:41 am

Great...I never really have crashes, but I just had a general error crash and lost 5 hours of editing. This is the one time I neglected the 'save button'.... but I thought since I have the preference checked to 'auto save' every 5 minutes, it wouldn't matter anyway. Am I wrong about this? Or am I forgetting something elementary?

I looked in the trash can, and there are a bunch of FCP icons sitting there. Is that what's left of my project?
Is there anyway to rescue this? And of course, I'm on a dead line.

I'm on FCP 6.0.6 and I have a copy of FCP Rescue 5,,,,but not sure if that has anything to do with a problem like this.
I was editing some of my first HD footage on an iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core Duo
4 GB memory. I usually edit SD footage, but slowly moving into the HD world. Does my machine have enough muscle to handle HD adequately? Maybe I have a sequence setting set wrong.

I'm going to sleep and start all over in the morning, if there's not a quick "OUT" as they say in the magician world.

Always great help in here, and
thanks so much for any advice!

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: general error
on Apr 18, 2011 at 12:28:07 pm

Autosaves go into a folder called Autosave Vault. After a good nights sleep, look in that folder, sort by time and open your last autosave which should be within the five minutes before crash.

Return to posts index

Jonny Cates
Re: general error
on Apr 18, 2011 at 9:35:50 pm

As much as I study and read this program, I can't believe I've never had to use this...not that I can recall anyway. What an easy out that was....

Thanks so much Michael!

Jonny Cates

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]