FORUMS: list search recent posts

reconnect media to different audio tracks

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Wood
reconnect media to different audio tracks
on Apr 16, 2011 at 2:19:12 pm

Hi, I'm trying to reconnect media, but i want to reconnect tracks 1&2 in my sequence to tracks 3&4 on the mov im connecting too.

Basically the orignal mov had stereo on tracks 1&2 and the new media has Dolby E on 1&2 and stereo on 3&4. Tracks 3&4 is the audio i need to reconnect too.

Is this possible

Thanx Jason

Return to posts index

Christina Rodriguez
Re: reconnect media to different audio tracks
on Apr 16, 2011 at 4:37:08 pm

When you say "reconnect" do you mean "link"? In this case... If I understand you correctly, then you need to unlink your audio from your video (option-L) then select your new audio and video, and hit option-L again. when you unlink, you will see that your video clip will lose the underline underneath the file name. Once you re-link, the line will re-appear.

This will link them in FCP, but it won't replace the original audio in the original video mov. To do this, you'd have to export a movie from FCP.

C.R.

Return to posts index

Jason Wood
Re: reconnect media to different audio tracks
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:02:01 pm

Nah, what im trying to do is reconnect a mov to an existing fcp project, but as Dolby E cannot be edited (other than straight cuts) i want to connect tracks 1&2 to tracks 3&4 now. Originally the stereo tracks were on tracks 1&2, but now Dolby E sits in them tracks.

I can always get them re-ingested with the audio swapped, but trying to avoid that.

Thanx in advance

Jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]