FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 3.5 gets hung up when creating DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bryan
Compressor 3.5 gets hung up when creating DVD
on Apr 15, 2011 at 6:06:05 pm

Hello,

I just upgraded to a new iMac Quad Core 2.93 GHZ Intel Core i7 computer with 16 gb of ram. I was expecting to see a huge speed difference over my previous imac. The issue I am running into is in authoring DVDs using Compressor 3.5. I have exported a self contained reference file from FCP of a 100 minute long wedding video. I import the reference movie into compressor and use the DVD best preset option for 120 minutes. Everything goes along great until the create disc utility launches. At this point, compressor sits for up to 10 hours. The time remaining slowly creeps up from around 5 minutes to 30 minutes remaining before I kill the process.

What the heck is going on?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Compressor 3.5 gets hung up when creating DVD
on Apr 15, 2011 at 6:21:40 pm

[Chris Bryan] " Everything goes along great until the create disc utility launches."

What the heck is that? I've encoded thousands of DVDs using Compressor and have no idea what you're referring to.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Chris Bryan
on Apr 15, 2011 at 6:31:31 pm

When the encoding process nears completion a DVD icon appears in my dock, when I mouse over it, it says "create disc" Keep in mind I am actually creating the DVD from Compressor, I select the option for "create DVD" when job finishes and have it save a disc image to the hard drive.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 15, 2011 at 6:45:31 pm

[Chris Bryan] "Keep in mind I am actually creating the DVD from Compressor, I select the option for "create DVD" when job finishes and have it save a disc image to the hard drive."

Oh, I get it now... I apologize Chris, I've never used that feature. I always bring the MPEG and AC3 files into DVDSP and create a DVD the old fashioned way. Maybe someone else can help you.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]