FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM 720P easy setup preset doesn't show up?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Silva
XDCAM 720P easy setup preset doesn't show up?
on Apr 15, 2011 at 2:06:45 pm

I'm running FCP 6.0.6 and the program won't recognize the XDCAM 720P easy setup preset. The preset is there in the folder with the others but it doesn't show up in the program when choosing the easy set up choices. Any thoughts?

Thanks - Tim

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: XDCAM 720P easy setup preset doesn't show up?
on Apr 15, 2011 at 3:28:06 pm

Hi Tim
The Easy Setup choices are filtered according to Format and Rate ... make sure that you are not inadvertently filtering out your intended choice.
Cheers
Andy

Return to posts index

Tim Silva
on Apr 15, 2011 at 3:32:49 pm

Thanks Andy. How do I check that exactly?

Tim

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Apr 15, 2011 at 3:46:20 pm

In the Easy Setup window Tim, what do have chosen for "Format" and "Rate" ?

Here's a quick explainer from Ken Stone's excellent web site:
http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/project_setup_fcp6_balis.html

Return to posts index

Tim Silva
on Apr 15, 2011 at 3:48:38 pm

all formats, all rates.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Apr 15, 2011 at 4:25:00 pm

Bugger. What happens if you just create your own Easy Setup for it ... does that one stick?
Open up the Audio/Video Settings window and set the Sequence Preset to the required XDCAM EX 720p preset, set the Capture Preset to "Generic Capture Template" (or something more appropriate if you want the same Easy Setup to allow you to capture from a different device), set Device Control Preset to "Non-Controllable Device" (or as appropriate for the potential capture source), Video Playback to "None" (or as wanted) and Audio Playback to "Default" (or as wanted). Then click the "Create Easy Setup..." button

Return to posts index

Tim Silva
on Apr 15, 2011 at 5:14:58 pm

If I try and do that I don't have the XDCAM EX 720p option. Only the XDCAM 1080 sizes appear.

Tim

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Apr 16, 2011 at 7:27:02 am

Hey Tim
Curious. The options should be there which seems to suggest you have a somehow corrupted installation ... I'd hesitantly recommend FCS Remover (http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcsremover/) followed by a reinstall of FCS. But before you do that, just try creating a new user account, log in to that account and then open FCP and see if the XDCAM@720p option is there. Could be a permissions issue in your user account,
Cheers
Andy

Return to posts index

Tim Silva
on Apr 18, 2011 at 4:00:14 pm

Andy - Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try a few things and see what happens. If I find a solution I'll post.
Thanks!

Tim

Return to posts index

Tim Silva
on Apr 19, 2011 at 6:45:25 pm

So I trashed my prefs and I replaced the Easy setups folder with one from my other machine although they were identical. The XDCAM 720p settings still didn't show up in the Easy Setups pull down . However, if I choose custom setup I can get the 720p settings but they're not grouped with the other XDCAM settings. I don't know what's going on there. I'm hoping to get a new version of FCP soon so maybe that installation will rectify this issue.

Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]