FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 Shared Files Removed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Mayer
Final Cut Pro 7 Shared Files Removed
on Apr 14, 2011 at 5:42:32 pm

Hey I was trying to remove my FCP serial number to put in a new one using FCS Remover but accidentally removed all the shared files instead of just the registration. Now my FCP won't open... I still have all the shared files in my trash bin but does anyone know how to get it working or where I might put the shared files so FCP can run again????

Thank you so much

Where we're going... we don't need roads.

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 Shared Files Removed
on Apr 14, 2011 at 5:51:01 pm

If you go to the Removed FCS Items folder in your trash, you can follow the file structure to see where the files were originally located.

For instance, if a file was located at /Users/myname/Documents/myfile.txt, it would be located at Removed FCS Items/Users/myname/Documents/myfile.txt.

My software:
FCS Maintenance Pack - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
FCP Versioner - Backs up Final Cut Pro projects to XML and creates changelists for each revision
More tools...

Return to posts index

Michael Mayer
on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:07:23 pm

I can only seem to see where the files are now... how do you see where they once were?? Thank you again

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:16:07 pm

Here's a screenshot to show what I'm talking about. From looking at the file structure I can see that those files were originally located in /Library/QuickTime so all I need to do is drag them back there.

But you may find it easier just to reinstall Final Cut Studio.

My software:
FCS Maintenance Pack - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
FCP Versioner - Backs up Final Cut Pro projects to XML and creates changelists for each revision
More tools...

Return to posts index

Michael Mayer
on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:19:07 pm

Thanks You!!!

Return to posts index

Michael Mayer
on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:11:58 pm

I can only see where the files are now ie. /users/mike/desktop/removed fcs items/library. How do I see where they once where from this structure? Thank you again for your speedy response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]