FORUMS: list search recent posts

30P to 24P Interpolation How To - from HVX200

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen Haren
30P to 24P Interpolation How To - from HVX200
on Apr 14, 2011 at 12:29:24 am

Not sure how many people will need this bit of info but I just spent the last few hours figuring this one out so I thought I would share it just in case it saves someone some time in a crunch. I made the rookie mistake of not checking all of my camera settings prior to a shoot. Previously the camera was used for a time lapse so it was set to shoot at 720 30P. Problem was that for this large production everything was standardized to be shot at 720 24PN. Halfway through an interview I noticed this error and quickly changed but half my footage was in a different frame rate. Camera 2 was set to 720 24PN. Here is how I fixed the rate issue.

In FCP "Log and Transfer" under preferences turn off (uncheck) the remove advanced pulldown. This will transfer at 59.94fps.

(http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2410?viewlocale=en_US)

1. In Compressor, choose Add File and navigate to the capture scratch folder for the clips you captured and open them all.

2. Select the first clip in the batch.

3. Choose the setting named "Apple ProRes 422 for Progressive material" (found in Settings tab > Apple > Other Workflows > Advanced Format Conversions > Apple Codecs), and drag it onto the first clip.

4. Double-click the setting on the first clip to highlight the Inspector window.

5. In Inspector > Encoder Settings > Video Settings, change the framerate to Custom, and enter 23.976.

6. In Inspector > Frame Controls, enable Frame Controls and make the following settings:

Set Frame Controls to On
Set Deinterlace to Reverse Telecine

7. Click Save As to save this setting with a name such as "HVX 30p to ProRes 24p".

8. Add this new Custom setting to all your clips and submit the batch.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 30P to 24P Interpolation How To - from HVX200
on Apr 14, 2011 at 2:21:50 pm

Thanks for the step-by-step! We shoot a lot on that particular camera, and you never know when somebody will mess up the camera settings. This could be a life-saver.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]